I have always been a believer in goal setting to get things accomplished however the procrastinator in me always seemed to put off setting things in stone. This month has been different. I wrote down on the front page of planner a list of 6 [attainable] goals based on my stats from October. As a way to help hold myself accountable I am checking in mid month to account for the progress I have made and note what I need to get done if I want to be able to check off these 6 items.
1. Have 100 Etsy Admirers. I recently re-launched my Etsy Shop, Busybee’s Creation, at the beginning of October and have been making it part of my daily routine to nurture it and watch it grow. When I originally launched back in January, I knew nothing about running a shop and opened prematurely and ended up with a shop with a handful of items and next to zero traffic. I only need 14 more fans to reach this goal.
2. Have a 15 sales for the month. This is just a handful of sales more than I had for the relaunch month in October. I know that I am still building this shop and need to pace myself for a number of different reasons. But the Limited Edition Holiday Banners Sets have been a great way to boost sales. I am about halfway to reaching this goal (although dollar wise I have already passed last months sales, thanks to a couple of custom orders).
3. Have 600 Facebook Fans. Getting and keeping Facebook Fans has always been a struggle for me. I am actively engaging more and learning what my fans like and am able to cater to their needs and bring in new fans. I have also used a few sites like, WeLikeEtsy and some ladders to help this number grow. It also helps me connect with some other great brands. I am about 35 fans away from reaching this goal.
4. Have 1650 Twitter Followers. My twitter base has slowly grown from the beginning but I notice that by connecting with other Etsy Shops it really helps to grow and build my reach. I only need about 40 more followers to reach this goal for the month.
5. Have 1500 product views at Busybee’s Creation. Last month I almost made this number but was 6 shy. This month I am on track to surpass this goal as I am already over halfway there. This has a lot to do with my marketing strategy. I use tools like ViralTag and Hootsuite to make sure that I have a steady stream of content being released so that it is bound to reach someone. Pinterest and Twitter are both so fast paced that I feel the need to share content more frequently and it seems to be paying off.
6. Have 550 Pinterest Followers. Until this past month I have never taken the time to grow my Pinterest following. But I passed this goal in less than 5 days. I went through some of the group boards that I participate in and followed most there and try to follow anyone that shows an interest in my products. I think that if they like what I have enough to repin I am going to like their other pins, so it is a win for both of us.
Do you believe in goal setting? What do you do to help encourage yourself to stay on track to achieve greatness?