Did you know that people that write down their goals and review them regularly are more successful than those that don’t. It sounds really simple yet it is missed every year. A new year is a fresh start, a chance to accomplish what you didn’t previously. But coming up with a game plan is key to making this happen. And checking in your daily must-do’s to accomplish these tasks is the most important in achieving success.
I have put together my planning for success 2015 essentials guide to list my must-have items that help keep me focused and on track to achieving my goals.
1. A functional notebook/binder. If you are like me you need something that is durable and attractive. Let’s face it, no one is motivated to open a plain white three ring binder. My notebook of choice is the ARC notebook. I have a durable purple leather that has lasted over a year now and still looks great. I also have upgraded the discs to a larger size. I love this notebook system because of the ease of use when moving pages around and the accessories that fit in the notebook are awesome.
2. Pens. This sounds simple enough but I find that by using high quality pens in bright, fun colors keeps me motivated. I currently am using these Triplus Fineliner pens.
3. Planner Pages that work. Now this difficult because not everyone likes to plan the same way. I have created these daily planner pages that I have used for the past few months and they are extremely helpful at keeping me focused and on track. I use these in conjugation of many other pages but these the number one. I find that spending a few minutes every morning or even the evening before planning out my day with these pages and keeping them handy throughout the day have increased by productivity.
4. Tools, for all of the above to work well together there are some basic tools that I need.
- Printer. This is the printer that I currently use and love. It is a wi-fi printer and works with my computer and mobile devices flawlessly.
- Punch. The ARC notebook would be pointless without the ability to punch all of the printed planner pages to place in it. I actually use the higher end product, Levenger Punch because I found it to be more durable and is adjustable to different size papers if I decided to also pick up a half size notebook in the future.
I would love to hear what you find essential to planning for success and keeping you focused and on track to achieving your goals in the comments below.